NESA Outstanding Eagle Scout Award (NOESA)
The National Eagle Scout Association (NESA) established the Outstanding Eagle Scout Award during the 100th Anniversary of the Boy Scouts of America in 2010.
Popularly known by its acronym, “NOESA,” the award recognizes Eagle Scouts notable for their local, state, regional, or national distinguished service who do not yet meet more stringent nomination requirements for the Distinguished Eagle Scout Award (DESA).
Candidates for the NOESA have inspired others through their positive actions reflected by recognized accomplishments and devotion to their profession, hobby, community, and beliefs. Previous recipients include authors, explorers, television personalities, military flag officers, scientists, medical doctors, government officials, prominent business people, and entrepreneurs.
Nominations are determined by the local council NESA committee, Scout Executive, and council president. In rare cases, the National NESA Committee may originate nominations.
Each recipient’s record of service and accomplishments should elevate the public stature and reputation of Eagle Scouts.
- The nominee must be an Eagle Scout in good standing with the Boy Scouts of America and must either be registered with or have their primary residence within the boundaries of the nominating council.
- There is no specific timeline required to qualify for this award after earning the Eagle Rank. Therefore, in extremely rare cases, it is possible that a truly outstanding youth, such as an Olympic athlete, may be eligible for selection.
- The nominating council should retain details regarding actions and accomplishments that led to the nominee’s consideration for the award.
- Download the Outstanding Eagle Scout Award nomination form and fill it out with all required information.
- Once the nomination form has been completed, it should be submitted to the Dan Beard ESA either electronically or send to:
Dan Beard Eagle Scout Association
Attention: Awards (NOESA)
10078 Reading Road
Cincinnati, OH 45241
Submission Deadline: June 30th
NOESA Recipients in Dan Beard Council
- Jon Robert Beeson – Retired Executive with Procter & Gamble; Past Council Commissioner
- Donald B. Bush – Retired Cincinnati Managing Partner of PricewaterhouseCoopers; Past Council Board Chair
- Mike Schneider – Chief People Officer at Baker Concrete Construction; Longtime Council Board Member
- Charles F. Hertlein, Jr. – Retired Partner, Dinsmore & Shohl; Longtime Council Board Member
- John F. Poston III – Retired Executive with AT&T; 80+ year Scouting Veteran
- John S. Stith – Partner at Porter, Wright, Morris & Arthur; Longtime Council Board Member
- Jason Combs – VP at the E.W. Scripps Company
- William Rachford, Jr. – Mayor of Alexandria, Kentucky
- Edgar L. Smith, Jr. – Chairman & CEO of WorldPac Paper
- Robert (Bob) Taylor – National Audit Practice Leader and Partnership Board Member at Grant Thornton
- Doug Bolton – Market Leader of Cushman & Wakefield
- Colin Groth – Director of Innovation and Improvement at StriveTogether
- George Carl Lude – Longtime Scouter
- Dave Olmstead – Founder of Behind the Scenes Productions
- Matt Scherocman – President of Interlink Cloud Advisors
- Paul Alexander – Offensive Line Coach and Assistant Head Coach of Cincinnati Bengals
- William B. Cyr – CEO of Sunny Delight
- Joseph T. Schneider – Founder of Spirit Seminars
- Rob Braun – Anchor of Local 12 News
- Joe Combs – Principal Consultant with Systems Evolution Inc.
- John A. Kraeutler – CEO of Meridian Bioscience