Eagle Scout Council Strip Patch (CSP) Design Competition
The Dan Beard Council (DBC) Eagle Scout Association is sponsoring a council strip patch (CSP) design competition to create a new Eagle Scout CSP for the Council. This is your chance to potentially turn your design idea into a real patch that will be worn by Scouts and Scouters throughout DBC
CSP Design Guidelines
- All patch designs must be the same shape and size as the standard council shoulder patch (CSP) shown on the reverse side which is the actual size (5″ wide by 2-1/4″ high).
- All patches must include “Dan Beard Council” at the top or bottom of the patch design.
- All patches must include either “BSA” (without any periods), “Boy Scouts of America,” or the BSA fleur-de-lis.
- No text or designs can cover over the BSA fleur-de-lis (if used).
- No third party trademarks are allowed without written authorization expressed from the trademark owner (on company letterhead), and written approval from the BSA Licensing Team.
- No text or designs can be superimposed over the American flag, nor can any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, picture, or drawing of any nature be attached to it (e.g., a stationary American flag may not be used as a patch background; however, a “waving” American flag may be used in).
- No obscene gestures or foul language.
- No words or designs that the BSA would consider, at its sole discretion, to reflect poorly on the values of the BSA or that it would deem offensive to the BSA and/or its members.
- No direct political reference should be made in the design.
- Any use of American Indian imagery must adhere to BSA American Indian guidelines.
CSP Submission Guidelines
- All designs must submitted through the Dan Beard Council website at https://danbeard.org/eagle-scout-csp by November 30, 2023.
- A parent/guardian signature is required for submissions by youth under the age of 18.
- The final patch design selection will be made by the Dan Beard Eagle Scout Association Committee.
- Any design submitted may be altered to comply with production and branding requirements at the discretion of Dan Beard Council, BSA.
- All submitted patch designs will become the property of Dan Beard Council, BSA.
- Specify any important design information on an attached page.
Design Submission Process
- Download the patch design form using the button below.
- Read both sides of the form, create your design in the provided template, sign the page (parent/guardian must also sign for submissions by Scouts under 18 years old), and scan both sides of the form for submission.
- Submit electronically to the Dan Beard Eagle Scout Association using the button below.
Submission Deadline: November 30th, 2023