NESA Distinguished Service Award
The purpose of the National Eagle Scout Association (NESA) Distinguished Service Award (DSA) is to recognize those who have given a lifetime of extraordinary leadership and service nationally to NESA, resulting in a significant impact on a national or territorial level. It is awarded for dedicated service over a sustained period of years to NESA, promotion of Eagle Scouting, staying active or returning to Scouting, and/or promoting/helping young people earning the rank of Eagle Scouts. Awards are limited in number and are normally presented during BSA’s Annual National Meeting. Unused quotas may not be rolled over to later years.
In 1976 NESA created this award for service to NESA, which resulted in 25 honorees between 1976 and 1989, after which time the National NESA committee was substantially reorganized. This resulted in the suspension of the award until its reintroduction in 2020. Nationally, there has been an outpouring of support to reinstate the award to better recognize those Leaders (Volunteer and Professional) that further NESA and the Eagle Scout Award, nationally.
Recipients will receive a medal, lapel pin, and device worn on Eagle Scout knot (provided by NESA).
- Nominee must be an Eagle Scout.
- Nominee must be a current and/or lifetime member of NESA.
- Nominee must have:
- Demonstrated impactful leadership and/or service to NESA at a national or regional territory levels over a period of years.
- Provided specific, significant impact to NESA’s image, reputation, membership, and effectiveness.
- Approval by the Dan Beard Council (DBC) Eagle Scout Association (ESA) Chair and/or DBC Scout Executive is required.
- Download the NESA Distinguished Service Award nomination form and complete all required information in the form.
- A maximum of two supporting letters may be attached (250 words or less). Effective letters provide additional, first-hand information rather than simple personal endorsements or data already stated in the narrative nomination.
- Once the nomination form has been completed, it should be submitted electronically to the Dan Beard Council ESA for review and approval using the button below. DO NOT SEND IT TO THE EMAIL ADDRESS LISTED ON THE NOMINATION FORM!
Submission Deadline: June 30th