NESA Eagle Scout Service Project of the Year (ESSPY)
The National Eagle Scout Association (NESA) established the Glenn A. and Melinda W. Adams National Eagle Scout Service Project of the Year Award (ESSPY) to recognize valuable service of an exceptional nature by an Eagle Scout candidate to a religious institution, school, community, or other entity through completion of an Eagle Scout project.
Selection of recipients begins at the local level and is conducted through the Dan Beard Eagle Scout Association (ESA) committee. The Dan Beard ESA selects a recipient for Dan Beard Council (DBC) from the list of submitted nominations and then forwards the candidate for consideration to NESA’s National Service Territory.
“Territory” ESSPY recipients are selected by each Council’s territory NESA scholarship committee. Territory recipients receive $300 available for their future educational purposes, or to attend a national or international Scouting event or activity.
The recipient of the national award is then selected from among territory recipients by a special selection committee of the National Eagle Scout Association. National recipients receive $3,500, available for their future educational purposes, or to attend a national or international Scouting event or activity.
- An Eagle Scout, the parents, or any registered BSA volunteer (with the Eagle Scout’s permission) may submit Eagle Scout service projects to the Dan Beard ESA committee for consideration.
- The Eagle Scout must have passed their Eagle Board of Review between January 1 and December 31.
- The nomination form and required attachments must be submitted to the Dan Beard ESA on or before January 21st.
The recipient of the DBC Eagle Project of the Year Award will be honored at the annual DBC Eagle Court of Honor ceremony.
- An Eagle Scout, the parents, or any registered BSA volunteer (with the Eagle Scout’s permission) must download the ESSPY nomination form and complete the required information.
- Once the nomination form has been completed, it should be submitted with a complete duplicate copy of the Eagle Scout Service Project Workbook (previously submitted by the Scout to the Eagle Board of Review committee) to the Dan Beard ESA either electronically or send to:
Dan Beard Eagle Scout Association
Attention: Awards (Eagle Project of the Year)
10078 Reading Road
Cincinnati, OH 45241
DO NOT SEND THE NOMINATION TO THE E-MAIL ADDRESS LISTED IN THE ESSPY NOMINATION FORM.
Submission Deadline: January 21st
FAILURE TO SUBMIT A COMPLETE COPY OF THE EAGLE SCOUT SERVICE PROJECT WORKBOOK WILL RESULT IN THE APPLICATION BEING DISQUALIFIED FROM CONSIDERATION.