The veteran award is an adult recognition. However, tenure earned as a youth may be included in the total number of years registered.
After five years of registered service in the Boy Scouts of America (BSA), an adult may, upon application, receive the designation of “Veteran,” provided the person agrees to live up to the Scouting obligations; to keep local Scouting authorities in the community in which residing informed as to availability for service; and further, to be as active in the promotion of the cause of Scouting as circumstances and conditions permit. Service in Scouting organizations other than the Boy Scouts of America does not count toward veteran recognition. An individual must currently be a paid registered member of the Boy Scouts of America to receive an award. An adult designated veteran shall pay the regular registration fee if desiring to continue to retain active connection with the movement.
Scouters desiring recognition as 5-, 10-, 15-, 20-, 25-, 30-, 35-, 40-, 45-, 50-, 55-, 60-, 65-, 70-, 75-, or 80-year veterans must have maintained an active registered relationship for the required number of years, paying the annual registration fee.
- Must be an adult.
- Must have provided at least five years of registered service in the BSA as a youth and/or adult.
- Must currently be a paid registered member of the Boy Scouts of America to receive an award. The records of the national office (if applicable) and local council shall determine eligibility.
- The periods of service claimed for veteran recognition need not be continuous.
- Must agrees to live up to the Scouting obligations; to keep local Scouting authorities in the community in which residing informed as to availability for service; and to be as active in the promotion of the cause of Scouting as circumstances and conditions permit.
- Download the Veteran Award application form and fill it out with all required information.
- Once the application form has been completed, it should be submitted to the Dan Beard Alumni Association either electronically or send to:
Dan Beard Alumni Association
Attention: Veteran Award
10078 Reading Road
Cincinnati, OH 45241
Submission Deadline: None/Ongoing Award
OPTIONAL: Use the form at the bottom of this page to submit your Veteran Award so that you can be recognized for your service on this page as well.
Veteran Award Recipients in DBC
Note: There may be more recipients than those shown below. Only Scouters that have shared their Veteran Award information with us have been included in the lists below.