CUB SCOUT DAY CAMP | 2022
Cub Scout Day Camp offers fun and exciting programs at two locations in Dan Beard Council this summer. It is the perfect place to experience outdoor adventures of the Cub Scout program. Explore nature, play games, make crafts and learn new skills and overcome challenges! These 5-day camps include activities such as archery, BB guns, hiking, STEM, and more.
Adult volunteers are the key to the success of Cub Scout Day Camp. Volunteers who participate for all 5 days of camp qualify their Scout for a $50 discount.
Please note: Adult Partners are required to attend camp with Tiger Scouts.
See below for more information.
Two Convenient Locations:
East Fork State Park in Bethel, Ohio
June 20-24, 2022 | 8am-4pm
3294 Elklick Road, Bethel, OH 45106
Camp Michaels in Union, Kentucky
July 18-22, 2022 | 8am-4pm
3486 Hathaway Road, Union, KY 41091
ACTIVITIES AT CUB SCOUT DAY CAMP
The programs include everyone’s favorite Cub Scouting activities, plenty of outdoor adventures, and lots of games, crafts, and challenges. The activities are scheduled so each camper has the opportunity to participate in each activity. The volunteer staff plans and facilitates all of the programs, adding a certain amount of silliness and excitement to each activity. Each location will have a few unique activities determined by their location.
Cub Scouts love Shooting Sports! Some of these opportunities include shooting BB guns, archery, and sling shots. These are often the most popular things to do at camp.
GAMES AND SPORTS
Some games are active and rambunctious, some are quiet and require thought, and some involve teamwork and using Scouting skills. Whatever the type, campers will play all sorts of games each day.
NATURE AND THE OUTDOORS
Learning about and appreciating the outdoors is an important part of being a Cub Scout. The volunteer staff will teach all sorts of new things about the natural world. Nature games and activities will teach Scouts about the environment and how to co-exist responsibly within the natural world. Camps may offer fishing, go on nature hikes and much more!
CUB SCOUT DAY CAMP MEALS
Meals will not be provided at Cub Scout Day Camps. Participants will be responsible for bringing their own lunch.
CUB SCOUT DAY CAMP FEES
Fee Description Regular Fee After 6/3 (East Fork) & 7/1 (Camp Michaels)
Youth Fee $140 $150
Adult Volunteer* $0 $0
CUB SCOUT DAY CAMP DISCOUNTS
Code must be used or discount requested before full payment; no refunds will be issued.
- Sibling Discount: For Day Camp, pay in full for one child and receive $20 off for their sibling(s).
- Second Adventure Discount: Receive $25 off the second session of any Dan Beard Council Cub Scout Summer Experience (Day Camp, Resident Cub Camp, or Resident Webelos Camp).
- Volunteer Discount: Receive $50 off an individual Scout as a refund after completing 5 full days of volunteering, approval by camp director after completion of Day Camp. No partial discounts offered. Offer only available for adult volunteers.
*ADULTS AT CAMP
Please keep in mind that the following regulations must be followed at all times:
- Resident Adventure Camps require 1 adult for every 4 Cubs with a minimum of 2 adults per Pack/Den.
- If more than 2 youth from the same Pack are attending Cub Camp, the Pack must provide adult supervision at the ratio given above.
- Adults volunteering at Cub Scout Day Camp must show proof of completion of the BSA’s Youth Protection Training prior to Camp.