2022 CAMP CARDS
The Camp Card initiative is designed to help units and their members to raise funds to support all of their Scouting adventures including membership fees, summer camp, high adventure trips, and more. The Camp Card is a “discount card” that offers deals at area businesses. Powered by the Entertainment Book, there are discounts all across the U.S. For just $10, that makes the purchase of the card a no-brainer and Scouts earn $5 for each card they sell!
The Entertainment Digital Coupon Book will be back in 2022. We are also exploring ways your Scouts can potentially sell Camp Cards online in addition to in-person.
NEW CAMP CARD BONUS INCENTIVE!
ONLINE SELLING PLATFORM WITH FREE FULFILLMENT
ONLINE SELLING PLATFORM
Scouts and Units will now have a personalized online selling platform that can allow Scouts to share and sell Camp Cards online. All orders for online sales will be tracked online so that units and Scouts can track their progress. The system will accept credit card payments and all online credit card processing fees will be covered by Dan Beard Council.
FREE FULFILLMENT FOR ONLINE
Dan Beard Council will also take care of all of the online order processing, logistics, and shipping to fulfill all of your customer online orders.* That frees you up to focus your efforts on fundraising. Unit account must be setup by the administrator. Register your unit for the online system to setup your unit account.
*Applies to all online customer orders. Does not apply to any bulk unit orders. Please place large unit orders directly through the council office.
Unit Leader Online System Overview
2022 CAMP CARD!
– Tractor Supply
– Gold Star Chili
– Mike’s Carwash
– Tom & Chee
– Burger King
– And tons more (examples below) through Entertainment.
Digital Savers Guide Example Vendors
1) Sign your unit up for Camp Cards by completing the short Unit Enrollment Form. You’ll receive updates and information as they become available.
2) Sign up to attend the Spring Fundraising & Camp Card Kickoff Event. We will be providing resources, sales tools, tips, sale information and more.
February 3 @ 6pm: Scout Achievement Center Register Now
February 10 @ 6pm: Via Zoom Register Now
3) Communicate details with your unit to hold a unit kickoff and organize the sale.
*LOW RISK; PLANNED RETURN POLICY FOR 2022
• Units can return for FREE up to 75% of the total cards they order. (Modifications to allow additional returns will be considered based on Covid)
• Units will be charged a small restocking fee of $1 per card for any cards returned over the 75% free returns.
Example 1: Unit orders 100 cards and returns 25. All cards are returned for free. Unit owes no additional fee for returns.
Example 2: Unit orders 100 cards and returns 80 cards (80%). 75 (or 75%) of the cards are returned for free. 5 of the cards will incur a restocking fee of $1 per card. The unit will owe $5 for the 5 cards over 75%.
Spring Fundraiser Camp Cards & Jack Links Beef Jerky
February 3 Camp Card Kickoff (Scout Achievement Center)
February 10 Camp Card Kickoff (Northern Kentucky)
February 22 Unit Camp Card Orders Due to be submitted (online)
March 30-April 1 Camp Card District Distribution
March 30-April 1 Sale Begins
April 19 Jerky Orders Due from Take Order Sales
May 24-26 Sale Concludes: Camp Card Returns and Final Payments Due for Camp Cards
May 24-26 Special Summer Camp Final Payment Due for Spring Fundraiser Selling Units
May 24-26 Beef Jerky Pickup
June 16 Beef Jerky Final Payment Due
June – August Enjoy a summer camp adventure
WHAT ARE CAMP CARDS?
The Camp Card Initiative is designed to help units and their members earn their way to summer resident camp, high adventure base, day camp or other fun summer events.
The Camp Card is a “discount card” that offers deals at area businesses to the purchaser. Several companies have offered generous one-time and multiple use discounts that makes the sale of this card a no-brainer. The purchase price of a Camp Card is $10.00, and participating Scouts will earn 50% for each card they sell!
HOW DOES MY UNIT GET STARTED?
1. Choose one adult to serve as the Camp/Discount Card Coordinator and complete the short Unit Enrollment Form. You’ll receive updates and information as they become available.
2. Through your unit committee, decide HOW your unit will sell Camp/Discount Cards.
3. Order your Camp/Discount Cards online.
4. Pick up your cards and hold a unit kickoff to distribute them to your Scouts. Set a goal for each Scout and track your Scout’s cards.
5. Return unsold cards and make your final payment at the Scout Achievement Center by May 23rd.
More information will be available via the Unit Camp Card Guidebook (to be published soon).
CAN YOU HELP FIND A NEW VENDOR?
If you have ideas or a connection to a potential new Camp Card vendor, please contact Alyssa Barr, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Did you miss the 2021 Spring Fundraising Info Session?
Spring Fundraising Learning Session
February 3, 2022 | 6pm | Scout Achievement Center
February 10, 2022 | 6pm | Zoom
Passcode for Recording: X3$9HCm$