Camp Refund Policy
As parents, leaders, and staff we look forward to each summer with a great deal of anticipation. However, we know that this year we must temper that enthusiasm with caution and careful planning. These are uncertain times. We understand that changes come quickly and in unexpected ways.
Accordingly, we are expanding our refund policy for summer programs in order to be accommodating as possible to interested campers during this uncertain time.
Effective immediately, 100% of monies paid to Dan Beard Council for a Council-sponsored summer camping event or leadership development activity will be returned if a registered participant/camper cancels or is unable to attend for any of the following reasons:
- A family has concern for their own safety related to coronavirus/COVID-19.
- A family encounters financial hardship due to unemployment / underemployment, and camperships are not available.
- A participant has contracted coronavirus/COVID-19 or because an immediate family member has contracted the virus. The participant and participating family members will not be allowed to attend.
- A participant’s school year is extended into the specific camp session for which the participant is registered.
- Dan Beard Council cancels/closes camp in response to mandates from governmental entities, the Boy Scouts of America, or if at its own discretion, Dan Beard Council determines that closing a camp is in the best interest of our participants.
In all cases notice needs to be provided more than 10 days ahead of the start of their camp session. Appropriate means of communication for a request to cancel include: email, phone call, postal mail or in person. The request must be communicated to the Scout Achievement Center, Program Department.
This expanded refund policy applies to 2020 Dan Beard Council camping events and leadership development programs listed below:
- Camp Friedlander Scouts BSA Long-Term Camp
- Camp Friedlander Scouts BSA Merit Badge Trek
- Cub World Adventure Camp
- Cub World Expedition Cub Camp
- Cub World Cub Family Weekends
- Cub Scout Community Day Camp
- National Youth Leadership Training (NYLT)
Standard Refund Policy
For standard refunds that do not fall into the categories above, the Dan Beard Council will refund all but $50 per Scout/15% of fees paid per adult for those who contact the Outdoor Program Assistant, 513-577-7708 or Rachel.Ball@scouting.org, no later than 30 days prior to their arrival at camp. You may replace a registration with another, unregistered Scout at no additional fee. NO REFUNDS will be given after the 30-day cancellation deadline except in cases of hardship, such as personal medical reasons, as determined by the Council Camping Director.