Individual Camper Program


It is our goal to ensure that every Scout that wishes to attend Camp Friedlander will have the opportunity.  Scouts who wish to attend Camp Friedlander but cannot attend with their troop are welcome to attend as Individual Scouts...

Some Scouts may find that their troop is attending a different summer camp but would also like to attend Camp Friedlander.  Or maybe a Scout is unable to attend during the week that his troop has reserved.  Some Scouts may want to return for a second week of camp during the summer.  Camp Friedlander can accomodate every Scout and help him attend summer camp.

The individual camper experience is unique.  Individual campers will meet new friends, learn to work with new people, and see Scouting differently than with their home troop.  And they will still have all the opportunities available to them as every other camper.

Individual Scouts will be placed in a campsite with another troop or with a special provisional troop with qualified leadership.  The camp will assist with finding a suitable troop that is able to include another Scout.  We will help get the Scout and his provisional leader in contact with one another and sign him up for merit badge classes.  We will make sure that every Scout that wants to come to camp dan do so!

Individual Camper Registration

To register an Individual Camper, submit the Individual Camper Form (Forms Page) with the full $TBA fee before April 6, 2015, After April 6 the full $TBA to the Scout Achievement Center.  Once received the Scout will be entered into our Doubleknot system via the Camping Secretary.


If your Scout is a Dan Beard Council Scout and has applied for a Campership (Forms Page) please pay the $TBA (Campership are based off of the early registration fee of $TBA if after April 6 when submitting the registration form the Scout is responsible for the $20 difference.  You will then submit the approved campership application that the leader will receive with the registration form.  Do NOT pay in full and then submit the campership form.  Credits can only be given to the Troops Summer Account Registration unless otherwise approved by the Sr. Program Director.  Please note that the amount given is not guaranteed to be half of the registration.  The Campership Committee will determine the amount that each Scout will be given depending on the "Need" of the family. Please plan accordingly.    


When submitting the form you can also submit the Merit Badge Selections for the Scout(s).  The Scout will need to fill out the Individual Scout Activity Schedule with three choices for each time slot.  The Camping Secretary will email the list of Merit Badges to the Scout that was assigned to him after March 16.  This is when all Merit Badges open to the Troops at 9am.   


If you have a special request for the Individual Camper to be assigned to a specific Troop please indicate this on the registraiton form at the top right corner of the page.  The camp will secure a troop to provide leadership and contact the Scout with more information prior to camp.  If after June 4 you will call 513-531-8311 to request information from the camp office on the placement of the Scout(s) if that information is available and ready to be provided.    

Provisional Leaders

Individual campers require competent leadership.  Being a provisional leader at camp gives you the opportunity to share the joy of Scouting with a great bunch of Scouts.  Campers attending as individuals or those coming back for a Seconds week have a strong desire to be at camp and generally display a great attitude at camp.

There is no cost to be a provisional leader.  Camp provides a week of free room and board!  If you are interested in being a provisional leader, please contact the Scout office at 513-577-7700.  There is a brief application process involved so we can ensure we are providing the best leaders for the best Scouts.