Institutional Advancement Assistant
Position: Institutional Advancement Assistant (21+)
Reports to: Director of Institutional Advancement
– Education and/or Training:
– High school graduate with experience related to the duties and responsibilities of this position.
– Must be familiar with the Microsoft Office Suite of programs.
– Must be familiar with internet and able to navigate.
– Must be willing/able to learn new computer programs (donor tracking system).
– Must have the ability to solve problems in a customer service manner.
Summary of Position:
Facilitate the necessary data entry support for all levels of fundraising activities. Support workflow of the department and provide service to our volunteers and donors.
Perform a wide variety of secretarial, clerical, and accounting duties. Basic office methods, practices, and procedures, including filing systems, correspondence, standard English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation are required. Computer skills, ability to carry out oral and written directions, make decisions independently, communicate effectively, establish and maintain cooperative working relationships, and to prepare correspondence with minimum direction are expected qualities. Must be able to work on multiple assignments simultaneously.
1. Give the very best customer service.
2. Support all functions of the council fundraising efforts.
3. Manage the processes of accurately documenting, recording, and checking donations to the Dan Beard Council. Must be able to produce large quantity of work with accuracy.
4. Work with a variety of office filing and record-keeping systems.
5. Attends to clerical details utilizing initiative, problem analysis techniques, good judgment and confidentiality.
6. Gather, review, and compile information and prepare accurate and comprehensive reports with deadlines as assigned.
7. Maintain records and databases using the Blackbaud donor management system.
8. Makes mathematical calculations with speed and accuracy.
9. Light lifting of boxes, etc may be necessary.
10. Operate all office equipment.
11. Support district and council professionals helping to secure successes in the districts, the council and all events. Secretarial support of all operations and any work assigned.
12. Facilitate the necessary support to keep the council’s Institutional Advancement operation in good standing.
Specific areas of responsibility include:
Support of the Institutional Advancement Department professional staff through recording and tracking of donor gifts.
Providing data entry for all fundraising activities of the council.
Attend Fundraising events as needed.
Supporting Friends of Scouting efforts such as printing pledge cards, direct mail solicitation, donor communication, etc.
Sending gift receipts/thank you letters to donors.
Creating campaign reports.
Manage the monthly billing process.
Other duties as assigned.
Institutional Advancement focuses on the improvement of the organization, primarily through fundraising activities. It encompasses communication, volunteer relations and stewardship.
For more information, please contact Jeff Taylor, Director of Institutional Advancement, at (513) 577-7729 or Jeff.Taylor@scouting.org