This is a draft
What is Exploring?
Exploring is a Career Development program for young men and women 14-20 years old (or 13 and have completed eighth grade).
- Exploring helps young adults make a more informed decision about future careers and determine if a particular career is the right one for them.
- Typically, a young adult will learn about a career and decide to pursue it OR learn enough about the career to determine it’s not the right fit for them. It’s better to learn as a young adult that a career is not for you than to spend lots of money on an education only to then discover you don’t like a career!
- In the Exploring program, youth gain unique, real-life opportunities to experience varied career choices. It’s not about lectures and slide shows- it’s about gaining practical insight and hands-on knowledge in a career field.
“To shape the workplace of tomorrow by engaging and mentoring today’s youth in career and life enhancing opportunities.”
What Exploring Can Offer
Exploring offers real-life career experiences in a variety of career fields. Try one or try them all!
Tell Us More
We want to know more about you. Please take our career interest survey so that we may better place you in one of our local career exploring posts.
You’re invited to get involved with Exploring and start learning about what career is right for you!
Not sure who to contact? For all general inquiries, please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
T’Shon Young – Learning For Life/Exploring Field Director
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 314.256.3142
Fred Lee – Exploring Director
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 314.536.7397
- Service Area: St. Louis City & St. Louis County (West)
Julie Monken – Senior Exploring Executive
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 314.256.3052
- Service Area: St. Louis County (North & South)
Abdul Abdullah – Exploring Executive
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 618.207.6444
- Service Area: Metro East, Illinois (St. Clair & Madison County)