Dan Beard ESA Scholarships
The Dan Beard Council (DBC) awards one or more scholarships to Eagle Scouts each year to recognize excellence in Scouting. The scholarship application process is administered by the Dan Beard Eagle Scout Association (ESA). The recipient(s) will be recognized at an appropriate event.
- Be an Eagle Scout and have received credentials from the National Council.
- Be a graduating high school senior or an undergraduate college student who is not currently in their senior college year.
- Submit: High school transcript and ACT/SAT test scores.
- Submit a scholarship application by June 30th.
- Provide one signed recommendation from a volunteer or Scout Leader. This is the only endorsement required and accepted.
- Have demonstrated leadership in Scouting and have a strong record of participation in activities outside of Scouting.
- The applicant must have received the Eagle Award in a troop registered in the Dan Beard Council (DBC) or have been active in the Dan Beard Council for the past two years.
- The selection committee may (if necessary) conduct interviews of the finalists.
- The Eagle Scout applying for a scholarship must personally complete the application.
- Complete the official scholarship application and enclose only the items requested in the requirements. Additional pages will not be considered.
- Answer all questions as fully as possible.
- Directly type all responses into the application file. The application should not exceed four pages in length.
- When finished, the the application must be submitted via email to email@example.com.
Submission Deadline: June 30th
- Applications submitted by June 30th will be considered. You will receive an email notification when your application is received.
- Applications become the property of the selection committee and will not be returned.
- Submitting an application does not guarantee a scholarship will be granted. The decision of the committee is final.