Dan Beard Council Development Administative Assistant
Development & Marketing Adminstative Assistant
Must be at least 21 years of age
The Dan Beard Council is seeking applicants for a support staff position for its Development and Marketing Department. Primary duties will include supporting the popcorn sale and other fundraising campaigns through data management and administrative assistance. The candidate must have strong skills with Microsoft Excel and other data management systems, and he/she should also be able to provide light maintenance to websites. Customer service experience is preferred, as this position will be relied on to communicate with participants during the sale.
1. Manage the data entry, processing, and recording for various development projects and fundraisers.
2. Assist with the creation, preparation, and editing of presentation and meeting materials.
3. Provide the best customer service to visitors and callers to the Scout Achievement Center regarding development and marketing information, event registration, and other related questions and requests.
4. Coordinate calendar for development events.
5. Collect data and publish a variety of development reports, including fundraising trackers, unit registration reports, online reports, and other reports needed to support the various development and marketing council volunteer committees.
6. Assist with the ordering, preparation of, and inventory management of development and marketing supplies for council events and trainings.
7. Establish and maintain filing and record-keeping systems.
8. Support the Director of Development and Marketing as needed with preparation, execution, and closeout of council events.
9. Other duties as assigned by the COO/Deputy Scout Executive and CEO/Scout Executive.
1. High School graduate with experience related to the duties and responsibilities of this position.
2. Have the ability to operate cooperatively in a close working relationship with other staff members.
3. Demonstrate strong computer and typing skills including a functional knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, specifically Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
4. Have the ability to attend to clerical details utilizing initiative, problem analysis techniques, and good judgment.
5. Have a strong ability with interpersonal relations and an ability to work closely with many staff and volunteers.
Web Site Maintenance
For more information, please contact Phil Klayer at (513) 577-7688 or Phil.Klayer@scouting.org.