Cub Scout Pack 304 Committee Minutes 05/18/2016
May 18th 2016 Committee Minutes
Andrew, Kelly, Tom, Len, Joe, Kayla, Tania, Mike
– Conflict Resolution Meeting
– Tania brought a statement from herself and one from Amy Balzhiser but these were not read.
– Len stated that the Cub Scouts and the Boy Scouts are “owned” by the chartering organization (American Legion) and they have final say on any removals
– Dan Beard will run a background check on Kelly with her new application and we will have to wait and see the result and go from there
– Joe Limpous stated that he felt Kelly had too many roles
– we explained these are already being broken up- Amy treasurer, Tania secretary, Kelly Den Leader Webelos
– Brittany possibly stand-in Den Leader
General consensus is we need more leaders.
Joe voiced his concerns about not having his book yet.
We explained the library system of having books be $14.00 at first use and 7 thereafter if they are turned in, but Kelly did have a book for him and gave it to him.
• Tania/Amy: – We need to have a treasurer’s report available for future (committee only?) meetings, and copies if anyone wants- $in, $ out, balances
•Kelly- get book to Joe (complete)
•Tania/Kelly – Create a calendar and hand out
•Joe/Kelly – make camping “menus” so sign-up sheets can be created
Point was made that we need to plan activities , set a calendar and stick to it. We had been trying to get a consensus on dates but it made the process too long. We had heard criticism in the past that the parents didn’t feel like they had input, so we were trying another approach but are moving forward now.
– Joe would like to be a leader for one of the dens. Bears?
Meeting moved on to more of a planning meeting.
Memorial Day – May 30th, 8:45 meet at Fair Grounds, walk to Courthouse, and then ride to cemetery
– Greg James, Cub Master in Mt.Orab would like to participate
•Mike: Call him
11th – Zoo Trip – decide in Committee if pack will offset cost.
Camping 24th, 25th, 26th – location TBD,
•Kelly check on Lake Wynoka, New Richmond also mentioned
August – Camping Antique Machinery Show Grounds – 27th, 28th
•Rain Gutter Regatta
18th- Cincinnati Museum Center
•Find out what the new construction does and does not effect
Oct 16th – visit Pumpkin Patch
29th, 39th- possibly camp at the Shilo Yurts/Halloween party
20th – Skating Rink Maysville
GUMC Community Lunch
12th – Veterans’ Home – cards and caroling
19th – Chirstmas Party
No meeting 26th, no Committee in Dec
•Tania get Estel set up to be Santa in advance
•verify date and time with Veterans’ home contact
•Learn some more songs! (I just added this in, was not discussed)