Part-Time Lobby Attendant/Receptionist
The Part-time Lobby Attendant/Receptionist is the first line of customer service for visitors and callers to the Dan Beard Council’s Scout Achievement Center. Responsibilities include welcoming guests, routing inquiries & phone calls, some data entry, and operation of point-of-sale software. This is a part-time position with an expected 15-20 hours per week, which may include occasional evening or weekend hours.
- Provide quality customer service to volunteers with a positive attitude.
- Answer incoming calls to the council general phone number and route calls to the appropriate staff member.
- Operation of point-of-sale software relating to receiving payments and sale of council merchandise.
- Perform data entry duties related to awards & advancement.
- Perform administrative duties including organization, filing, email, printing, and other miscellaneous tasks.
- Other duties as assigned by Deputy Scout Executive and Scout Executive.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- A positive and cheerful attitude with an ability to provide exemplary customer service.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and a willingness to learn new things.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Occasional need to work evenings or weekends.
The Dan Beard Council is an equal opportunity employer. Pay starts at $15/hour and candidates can expect to be scheduled between 15 and 20 hours a week.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send letter of interest and resume to Phil Klayer at Phil.Klayer@scouting.org. Inquiries are due by November 29, 2021.