Outdoor Program Administrative Assistant
Qualified candidates must submit cover letter and resume by clicking the button below.
Only the most qualified candidates will be contacted.
The Outdoor Program Administrative Assistant has the primary responsibility of assisting the Camping Director and providing support for camping activities and other program department functions. This position is responsible for successfully managing the setup and support of camp registration systems, reporting of progress on the council’s various camp promotion campaigns, and supporting other projects within the program department. The person in this role will be a valuable source of information about camp policies and procedures and will manage communications about camping programs to our customers.
- Prepare summer camp and other activity registrations utilizing web applications, provide ongoing support to units throughout the registration periods, and prepare reports on progress towards campaign goals.
- Develop and deliver communications to units and camp staff according to a pre-determined communication calendar
- Preparation of detailed and complex Excel tracking sheets. Accuracy with data entry. Needs to understand how data will be used and be able to provide the necessary end results.
- Provide support for the summer camping programs of the Dan Beard Council and other activities of the Program Department. Working with the Camping Director, help to manage camp staff hiring and on-boarding, business operations, communications, and other support as necessary.
- Monitor camping web pages, and provide timely updates to Marketing Executive, to ensure updated information is listed on Dan Beard Council website.
- Provide quality customer service to volunteers with a positive attitude.
- Manage tracking of camp payments and prepare invoices or communications to collect outstanding payments.
- Perform administrative duties including organization, filing, email, printing, and other miscellaneous tasks.
- Other duties as assigned by Camping Director and Scout Executive.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- A positive and cheerful attitude with an ability to provide exemplary customer service.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and a willingness to learn new things.
- Strong use of excel and familiarity with Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities of this position.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Occasional need to drive locally.
- Occasional need to work evenings or weekends.
The Dan Beard Council is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to offering a salary in the range of $29,000 to $31,000, the council also offers benefits to include major medical, prescription coverage, dental, vision, life-insurance, long-term disability, accidental death, a defined benefit retirement plan, plus compensation for authorized business-related expenses including mileage reimbursement. We also offer generous vacation policy and holiday observances.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates must submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Only the most qualified candidates will be contacted.