Development Administrative Assistant
Qualified candidates must submit cover letter and resume by clicking the button below.
Only the most qualified candidates will be contacted.
The Development Department Administrative Assistant has the primary responsibility of assisting the Director of Development & Marketing and providing support for the development department. This position is responsible for successfully managing the entry and reporting of the council’s various fundraising campaigns and programs while supporting other projects within the development department. The person in this role will use Excel and other Microsoft Office tools to help generate reports and documentation to support various campaigns throughout the year. This individual will also help to provide logistics and customer service support for the popular Boy Scout Popcorn Sale and other Scout unit fundraising initiatives.
• Preparation of detailed and complex Excel tracking sheets. Accuracy with data entry. Needs to have an understanding of how data will be used and be able to provide the necessary end results.
• Prepare regular reports of campaign status including end-of-day reports, campaign dashboards, and support documentation. Process, enter, and track all fundraising reporting.
• Provide support for the BSA Popcorn Sale and other Scout unit fundraising initiatives. Working with the Director of Development, help to manage orders, delivery, communications, sale status, and other support as necessary.
• Create documents and presentations through use of Powerpoint, Word, Excel, PDF, etc.
• Provide quality customer service to volunteers with a positive attitude.
• Manage the Director of Development’s calendar by scheduling and confirming appointments.
Reviews the calendar daily and provides updates. Helps to prepare necessary materials prior to meetings.
• Prepare invoices for payments and provide control reports of outstanding payments.
• Perform administrative duties including organization, filing, email, printing, and other miscellaneous tasks.
• Other duties as assigned by Director of Development and Scout Executive.
• High School graduate or equivalent
• A positive and cheerful attitude with an ability to provide exemplary customer service.
• Self-starter with the ability to work independently and a willingness to learn new things.
• Strong use of excel and familiarity with Microsoft Office applications.
• Experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities of this position.
• Ideal experience with data entry.
• Superior written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
• Occasional need to drive locally.
The Dan Beard Council is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to offering a salary in the range of $29,000 to $33,000, the council also offers benefits to include major medical, prescription coverage, dental, vision, life-insurance, long-term disability, accidental death, a defined benefit retirement plan, plus compensation for authorized business-related expenses including mileage reimbursement. We also offer generous vacation policy and holiday observances.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates must submit cover letter and resume to Phil.Klayer@scouting.org. Only the most qualified candidates will be contacted.