2023 National Jamboree
Scouting’s flagship event is one-of-a-kind. It’s a gathering of approximately 30,000 Scouts, leaders, and staff that showcases everything that is great about the BSA and its members. Held every four years, the Jamboree is an amazing opportunity for participants, volunteers, and visitors to experience the best of Scouting, all in one place. Features include; one of the longest zip line courses in North America, a world-class skate park, ATV offerings, treetop canopy tours, rock climbing, patch trading, stadium shows, and much more!
REGISTISTRATION DEADLINE IS OCTOBER 28, 2022
STAY UP TO DATE ON THE LATEST NATIONAL JAMBOREE INFO – RECEIVE EMAIL UPDATES!
ATTEND THE 2023 NATIONAL JAMBOREE
Refer a Friend to the National Jamboree, Get a T-shirt!
Scouting is always more fun with your friends, and the jamboree is no different. If you are registered for the jamboree and encourage a friend to register too, we will ship you a 2023 National Jamboree t-shirt when your friend registers, as long as they enter your name in this box on the Dan Beard Council registration form:
Create an account for your child in my.scouting.org. Even though you are entering your child’s information, answer the question, “Are you a Parent/Guardian?” as “Yes”. Go to national website: https://jamboree.scouting.org and click Apply Now to begin a new participant registration. Fully complete the registration. Your information will be shared with Dan Beard Council. Once you have submitted the registration, go to your email and digitally sign the diclaimers.
*Do not try to complete this step on your phone.
Scoutmaster Referral Survey
After completing the National site’s registration, please inform your Scoutmaster that they will need to fill out the Scoutmaster Referral Survey to process your registration. Once your Scoutmaster has completed their survey, you will receive an email to complete the Dan Beard Council registration.
Before beginning this registration, please be sure that you have:
1. Already completed your registration with the National Jamboree website
2. Have your Registration Code from your completed National Jamboree website registration (from Step 1)
3. Have read all of the terms, conditions, requirements, and payment details to participate in the Dan Beard Council Contingent to National Jamboree
NATIONAL JAMBOREE SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION
Dan Beard Council and the BSA’s aim is to ensure that every eligible Scout who is interested in attending the Jamboree is able to do so, regardless of financial background. While Scouts are encouraged to fundraise as much as they reasonably can, some Scouts will need additional financial support to cover Jamboree costs.
Scholarship Amount and Timeline
The scholarship can potentially cover any requested amount up to the full DBC contingent fee of $1,995.
The deadline for scholarship applications in DBC is October 31, 2022, with applicants told the result no later than February 15, 2023.
- Complete an online application for the National Jamboree AND be approved by your council to attend the National Jamboree by October 28, 2022
- Complete the Dan Beard Council Scholarship Application and return it to the Program Administrator.
- Be a youth participant or unit leader up to age 33.**
** Jamboree Service Team (staff) members are ineligible for scholarships because all JST members ages 16-33 automatically receive a reduced fee.
Scholarship Application Process
Scholarship funds are available through both National BSA and Dan Beard Council, so like the registration process, two applications are required.
The first Boy Scouts of America National Jamboree was scheduled to be held in Washington, D.C., in 1935 to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Scouting in America. Unfortunately, the jamboree was canceled because of a polio outbreak in Washington. When the first jamboree was finally held in 1937, Dan Beard lit the opening campfire using flint and steel. Scouts from all 48 states brought the wood that was used in the campfire. There were 27,232 Scouts camped on the National Mall under the Washington Monument. Since that time, an additional 18 national jamborees have been held, the last in 2017.
The Dan Beard Council is putting together a Jamboree Contingent. The Jamboree is open to all Scouts and Scouters who meet the following qualifications:
- Registered member of a Scouting unit who will be at least 12 years old by July 19, 2023.
- Must live and abide by the Scout Oath and Law
- Must abide by the Jamboree Code of Conduct
APPLY TO BE AN ADULT LEADER FOR THE NATIONAL JAMBOREE
To qualify as a unit leader in the Dan Beard Council contingent to the 2023 National Jamboree, applicants are required to complete the approval process. Below is an overview of the selection process:
- Submit an online Jamboree Continge Unit Leader Application. Candidates may be asked to participate in an in-person interview.
- Be approved and invited to serve by the Dan Beard Council Jamboree Committee.
- Be approved by the Dan Beard Council Scout Executive. The Jamboree Committee for Dan Beard Council will review all applications. Applicants will receive a response in a timely manner. Applicants who are most qualified to serve as an adult leader in our council contingent will be asked to participate in an in-person interview. The interview is intended to support both the applicant and the selection committee members to determine if this opportunity is a good fit for both the applicant and the Scouts of the jamboree contingent.
NATIONAL JAMBOREE REFUND POLICY
A refund will be made only if (a) Dan Beard Council is notified in writing that you are withdrawing from the Jamboree and a refund is requested, (b) you identify a replacement scout, (c) who is accepted by Dan Beard Council, and (d) who has made the required payments according to the payment schedule. The replacement scout may not have previously applied with Dan Beard Council to attend the 2023 National Jamboree. If there is a waiting list, Dan Beard Council will select your replacement from the waiting list in accordance with its waitlist procedure. Your deposit will not be refunded. Qualified refunds will be made to the original payer.
Refund timing: Requested refunds will be reviewed and processed according to this policy Quarterly (e.g. January, April, July and October).