2017 Unit Program Kick Off
UNIT PROGRAM KICK OFF
The Popcorn Kickoff sets the tone for your entire Popcorn Sale. Motivated Scouts and, more importantly, motivated parents are the key to a successful sale. Have fun! Give away prizes and more.
Use the Unit Kickoff handout from the rally (or online) to help plan your kickoff. Here are a few helpful notes as well.
MORE THAN A FUNDRAISER!
First, help parents to understand that popcorn is more than just another fundraiser. Popcorn is also about Advancement and practicing life skills. Help them see that their Scout will gain self-confidence, set goals, and learn the value of a dollar earned.
Second, explain to parents that if the unit gives it all for just a couple of weeks, they can fund the entire year of fun activities.
Your unit gets its own superhero cape to use throughout the sale. Think of fun and creative ways to use the cape on an ongoing basis.
– Have a leader wear it for the Popcorn Kickoff.
– Tell the Scouts the top seller for each week will get to wear it at the meeting.
– Give it as a prize to your highest seller.
Welcome – Do a Popcorn Cheer or Skit. Use your Superhero cape.
Review the Pack’s Planned Program Activities
– Show a few pictures of fun last year
– Talk about the fun at Pack meetings & awards
Pay For It All with Popcorn
– The importance of a Family/Scout Goal
– Pack Goal: Talk about what you can do if you reach the goal
What the Family Gets Out of Popcorn
– Free Activities – Free Camping
– Free Registration
– Goal = Nothing out of parent’s pocket
Separate Scouts and Parents
– Teach the parents about the importance of popcorn
– Setup some fun popcorn games for the kids.
End with a FUN spotlight. Whip Cream Pie for the leader!