2017 Popcorn Store Front Sale
AND KROGER SIGNUPS
This type of show & sell is a lot like an “old school” lemonade stand. Your unit gets permission to have a booth in a high visibility area and your Scouts sell actual popcorn product there on the spot. This method has been highly effective for many units. A unit can plan a Show & Sell day and split Scouts/families into shifts so that everyone takes a turn. Talk with local stores to setup a time to sell.
BEFORE THE SALE DATE
– Visit or call locations early (except Kroger). Remember there are plenty of other places besides Kroger for Storefront Sales.
– If the store requires proof of insurance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or refer to danbeard.org/popcorn.
– When reserving your day, ask the business if there are any setup restrictions that you should be aware of.
– Double check with the business the day before in case a conflict has arisen. Schedule 2-3 Scouts and 2-3 parents for about 2 hour shifts to keep things organized. Confirm with the parents a few days beforehand.
DURING AND AFTER THE STOREFRONT SALE
– Have Scouts in uniform and stand in front of the table.
– Never have the Scouts ask if they want to buy popcorn. Coach them to ask things like: “Would you be willing to help support me going to Scout summer camp?
– Have products displayed neatly. Putting prices on will likely discourage higher purchases.
– Make sure to thank the store manager. Consider buying a bag and giving it to the store manager along with a thank you note signed by the Scouts.
– Split sales either by Scout performance, or by diving out the sales by an hourly rate.
Kroger sign-ups will begin on Thursday, August 10, 2017 at 12 noon. The Kroger Sign-up links are online at www.danbeard.org/popcorn/kroger and will become live at 12 noon. The sign-up links are pre-sorted by district so that you can select your district and see all of the available stores and times. We realize that not all of the rallies will have concluded by the sign-up start date, but we will be validating rally attendance after the rallies conclude. A representative from your unit must have attended one of the popcorn rallies in order to sign-up and sell at Kroger.
For all of the Kroger Policy details visit: www.danbeard.org/popcorn/kroger
KROGER WEEKENDS: The following time slots will be available at all 73 Kroger locations within Dan Beard Council on the weekends of Sept. 22-24, Sept. 29-Oct. 1, Oct. 6-8.
AVAILABLE TIME SLOTS
Friday’s (2 time slots available): 5pm-7pm | 7pm-9pm
Saturday’s (3 time slots available): 9am-11am | 11am-1pm | 1pm-3pm
Sunday’s (3 time slots available): 11am-1pm | 1pm-3pm | 3pm-5pm
OTHER GREAT SHOW AND SELL POTENTIAL LOCATIONS:
Your community park
At community events
A local mall
A retail store
*Be sure to speak to the appropriate person to schedule a show and sell.