Baker Activity Center
Written by Mike Swofford
Monday, 17 January 2011 03:31
This large event space is great for banquets, Courts of Honor, Blue and Golds, large meetings, and special events. Surrounded by large windows, sunlight provides great natural lighting. A stage and podium offer a center point for presentations, ceremonies, and lectures. With a beautiful stone fireplace and a hand-carved eagle woodcarving, the natural elements of the room are one-of-a-kind and enhance your meeting with a memorable setting.
- 5' round tables (19 tables, 8 chairs per table)
- 6' x 2' rectangular tables (34 tables, 3-6 chairs per table)
- 200 chairs
- Room can hold about 150 people with round tables, 200 with chairs only
- Room Size: 31' x 48'
- Stage Size: 12' x 7'
- Ceiling-mounted projector
- Retractable projection screen
- Stage and lectern
- Microphone (wired) and stand
- A/V hook-ups in podium (VGA, 3.5mm audio, ethernet)
- A/V hook-ups on on east wall (VGA, RCA video, 3.5mm audio)
- Ethernet cable, VGA cable, 3.5mm audio cable (headphone jack cable)
- Laptop available upon separate reservation
- Wireless and wired internet connections
- Outdoor patio area
- Catering kitchen with sink, microwave, and refrigerator
- Groups are responsible for the setup and tear down of all tables and chairs. Sample floor plans for possible arrangements are available.
- The lectern houses the A/V connections and cannot be moved. Groups that move the lectern will be responsible for connection jack damage.
- All items needed to cater your function should be supplied by your group. This includes cups, silverware, serving utensils, coffee, garbage bags, cleaning supplies, etc.
- Please do not bring colored drinks (red pop, grape juice, etc.). Try to stay with light colored drinks (lemonade/tea/clear colored soft drinks, etc.).
- Emergency lighting in the corners of the room should remain on unless dimming is required for presentations. Please request a key to turn off this lighting if required.
- The fireplace is only authorized for use by special council events upon approval by the council management staff.
- An instruction sheet for setting up and using A/V equipment can be found in the podium.
Post-meeting Cleaning Requirements:
- All tables and chairs should be stacked and neatly returned to the storage room as noted on the floor markings and the design hung on the wall.
- All window shades should be raised to their initial position. Please be careful when operating shades, as pulling too hard may damage them.
- Light switches should be turned on (all lights are on motion sensors, all shut off automatically)
- The projector screen should be put up and the projector, laptop, and sound equipment turned off when not in use.
- All items should be removed from the room except those originally in the room/podium.
- If necessary, the floor should be vacuumed (a vacuum is available in the janitorial closet between the restrooms) and any stains removed.
- Remove all trash and recycling from the room and catering kitchen and deposit in the dumpster on the east side of the building.
Other Important Information:
<-- Back to SAC Reservations
Last Updated on Saturday, 05 February 2011 15:26