Endowment and Planned Giving
Written by Andy Zahn
Monday, 30 January 2012 16:26
The Dan Beard Council endowment fund ensures that the strong Scouting programs that we enjoy today will be available for our children, grandchildren and all youth for generations to come. Gifts to the endowment are restricted so that that the principal of the gifts are never spent. These funds are carefully invested and the investment earnings are then put to work annually to fund the programs of the Dan Beard Council.
Please click here to download the Dan Beard Council Endowment Brochure (PDF reader required).
Choose a "Forever Fund" to Invest in
- Trustworthy Forever Fund - Endow the year-round programs and operations of the Dan Beard Council. Annual yield generated from gifts in this fund will be invested within the Council that have the greatest need.
- Adventure Forever Fund - Endow the outdoor adventure programs of the Dan Beard Council, including protecting and maintaing our camping facilities at the Dan Beard Council Scout Reservation and Camp Michaels, as well as our year-round outdoor education programs.
- Promise Forever Fund - Endow the Dan Beard Council's outreach efforts to ensure all young people are given the invitation to join Scouting regardless of socio-economic abilities, including the Challenge Camp program, year-round programs in hard-to-serve communities, and camperships to summer programs.
Ways to Contribute
The Dan Beard Council is pleased to accept any of the following forms of donations in order to benefit the endowment fund:
- Outright Gifts - Outright gifts can include cash, securities or other assets. Multi-year gifts are often used to meet an individual's desire to make a significant gift on terms that fit their own circumstances.
- Gift Annuity - This is a gift to Scouting in exchange for a guaranteed lifetime income and a charitable tax deduction as well.
- Life Estate Gift - Individuals can gift a home, cottage or farm, while maintaining use of this property for life or a period of years and still recognize a charitable tax deduction now.
- Wills and Trusts - The Dan Beard Council can be named as the beneficiary in a will or in a specially tailored trust document that can guarantee an income stream to the donor's family for a period of years.
Daniel Carter Beard Heritage Society
All donors and spouses who make either an outright or deferred gift to the Dan Beard Council endowment fund will be invited to join the Daniel Carter Beard Heritage Society. The Heritage Society holds donor recognition and fellowship receptions and endowment education seminars throughout the year.
James E. West Fellowship - A gift to the Dan Beard Council, designated to its endowment fund. Donors may make cumulative gifts to reach Silver, Gold and Diamond levels:
- $1,000+ - Bronze Level - Members receive a certificate and bronze pin.
- $5,000+ - Silver Level - Members recieve a certificate and silver pin.
- $10,000+ - Gold Level - Members receive a certificate and gold pin.
- $15,000+ - Diamond Level - Members receive a certificate and diamond pin
Download the James E. West Fellowship application
The Second Century Society - Contributors are recognized for an outright gift of $25,000 or more payable over five years, or a deferred gift of $100,000 or more, to the Dan Beard Council.
- $25,000+ - Members receive a lapel pin and certificate.
- $100,000+ - Members receive a lapel pin, certificate, framed Rockwell print and custom Second Century insignia item.*
- $500,000+ - Members receive a lapel pin, certificate, limited-edition framed Rockwell print and custom Second Century Society insignia item.*
- $1,000,000+ - Members receive a lapel pin, certificate, premium framed Rockwell print and custom Second Century Society insignia item.*
Donors making outright gifts of $100,000 or more are designated as "Members with Distinction." Donors making deferred gifts of $500,000 or more are designated as "Legacy Members." Members in these categories receive special recognition and opportunities provided by the BSA Foundation.
Questions on the endowment or planned gifts to the Council? Please contact:
Planned Giving Director
See more at BSAFoundation.org
Last Updated on Wednesday, 27 August 2014 20:46