2021 CAMP CARDS
The Camp Card initiative is designed to help units and their members to raise funds to support all of their Scouting adventures including membership fees, summer camp, high adventure trips, and more. The Camp Card is a “discount card” that offers deals at area businesses. Powered by the Entertainment Book, there are discounts all across the U.S. For just $10, that makes the purchase of the card a no-brainer and Scouts earn $5 for each card they sell!
The Entertainment Digital Coupon Book will be back in 2021. We are also exploring ways your Scouts can potentially sell Camp Cards online in addition to in-person. The 2021 sale is being pushed back approximately one month currently to allow some additional time before distribution.
NEW ONLINE SELLING PLATFORM WITH FREE FULFILLMENT
ONLINE SELLING PLATFORM
Scouts and Units will now have a personalized online selling platform that can allow Scouts to share and sell Camp Cards online. All orders for online sales will be tracked online so that units and Scouts can track their progress. The system will accept credit card payments and all online credit card processing fees will be covered by Dan Beard Council.
FREE FULFILLMENT FOR ONLINE
Dan Beard Council will also take care of all of the online order processing, logistics, and shipping to fulfill all of your customer online orders.* That frees you up to focus your efforts on fundraising. Unit account must be setup by the administrator. Register your unit for the online system to setup your unit account.
*Applies to all online customer orders. Does not apply to any bulk unit orders. Please place large unit orders directly through the council office.
Unit Leader Online System Overview
2021 CAMP CARD!
– Tractor Supply
– Gold Star Chili
– Mike’s Carwash
– Tom & Chee
– Burger King
– Cincinnati Cyclones
– Full Throttle Entertainment
– And tons more (examples below) through Entertainment.
Digital Savers Guide Example Vendors
1) Sign your unit up for Camp Cards by completing the short Unit Enrollment Form. You’ll receive updates and information as they become available.
2) Sign up to attend the Spring Fundraising & Camp Card Kickoff Event. We will be providing resources, sales tools, tips, sale information and more.
February 4 @ 6pm: Via Zoom Register Now
3) Communicate details with your unit to hold a unit kickoff and organize the sale.
*LOW RISK; PLANNED RETURN POLICY FOR 2021
• Units can return for FREE up to 75% of the total cards they order. (Modifications to allow additional returns will be considered based on Covid)
• Units will be charged a small restocking fee of $1 per card for any cards returned over the 75% free returns.
Example 1: Unit orders 100 cards and returns 25. All cards are returned for free. Unit owes no additional fee for returns.
Example 2: Unit orders 100 cards and returns 80 cards (80%). 75 (or 75%) of the cards are returned for free. 5 of the cards will incur a restocking fee of $1 per card. The unit will owe $5 for the 5 cards over 75%.7
2021 CAMP CARD DATES
|February 4||Camp Card Kickoff / Spring Fundraising via Zoom at 7pm Concluded|
|February 24||Unit Camp Card Orders Due (submit online)|
|April 13-15||Camp Card District Distribution (district pickup locations or roundtables)|
|April 13||Sale Begins|
|June 15||Wrap up unit sale. Collect any remaining cards and payments. (can end earlier if preferred)|
|June 21||Camp Card Returns and Final Payments Due.|
|June 22||Late Payment Fee kicks in.|
|July||Enjoy a summer camp and other Scouting adventures!|
WHAT ARE CAMP CARDS?
The Camp Card Initiative is designed to help units and their members earn their way to summer resident camp, high adventure base, day camp or other fun summer events.
The Camp Card is a “discount card” that offers deals at area businesses to the purchaser. Several companies have offered generous one-time and multiple use discounts that makes the sale of this card a no-brainer. The purchase price of a Camp Card is $10.00, and participating Scouts will earn 50% for each card they sell!
HOW DOES MY UNIT GET STARTED?
1. Choose one adult to serve as the Camp/Discount Card Coordinator and complete the short Unit Enrollment Form. You’ll receive updates and information as they become available.
2. Through your unit committee, decide HOW your unit will sell Camp/Discount Cards.
3. Order your Camp/Discount Cards online.
4. Pick up your cards and hold a unit kickoff to distribute them to your Scouts. Set a goal for each Scout and track your Scout’s cards.
5. Return unsold cards and make your final payment at the Scout Achievement Center by May 14th.
More information will be available via the Unit Camp Card Guidebook (to be published soon).
CAN YOU HELP FIND A NEW VENDOR FOR 2021?
If you have ideas or a connection to a potential new Camp Card vendor, please contact Ken Brunner, Camp Card staff advisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Did you miss the Spring Fundraising Info Session?
Spring Fundraising Learning Session
February 4, 2021 | 7pm | Zoom
Passcode for Recording: X3$9HCm$