Page 2 of 7
Reserve Your Campsite
Last Updated on Wednesday, 27 February 2013 09:55
- The Troop's PLC or the Crew's Officers choose which campsite they will reserve.
- Reservations are held with the following philosophies in mind:
- First selection of campsites goes to units that attended Camp Friedlander during the previous season.
- Campsites are reserved and held in a way that allows the camp to serve as many Scouts as possible.
- The camp will endeavor to accomodate the reasonable needs of each individual unit as much as possible.
- Understand the campsite reservation guidelines:
- Campsite deposit for each unit each week of camp is $100.
- An estimate of Scouts and leaders is due with payment.
- Deposit must be paid to hold a campsite during a week of camp. Campsites will not be held without payment.
- Multiple units sharing a campsite during a single week must each pay a $100 deposit.
- If all campsites for a week of camp have been selected, but the total Scout and leader estimate does not equal the camp capacity, the camp reserves the right to place multiple units in a campsite.
- If a unit exceeds the capacity of the campsite, then it is the responsibility of the unit to provide the extra tents needed. The camp cannot provide extra tents or cots.
- In order for a unit to hold a campsite during the comparable week of camp for the following year, a new $100 deposit must be paid prior to the end of their week of camp.
- By Friday at 12:00 noon of their week of camp, if a unit fails to renew their deposit, the campsite during the comparable week of camp the following year becomes open for other units to assume.
- Campsite deposits are non-refundable, however, they can be applied towards total camp fees.
- Before mailing your reservation & payment contact the Camping Secretary, Jennifer Pangallo, at the Dan Beard Council Scout Achievement Center at (513) 577-7700 to determine current campsite availability. Campsite availablity is constantly changing as the summer approaches, you must always check for availbility before mailing in your reservation.
- To secure your reservation, start by submitting a Campsite Reservation Form.Print out and complete the form, including the estimated number of Scouts and Adults that will attend (this information is required) and the Camp Coordinator's email address.
- Make a copy of the form, and submit the original competed form with your $100 campsite deposit to Camp Friedlander, Dan Beard Council, 10078 Reading Rd., Cincinnati, OH 45241. Once both the payment and paperwork is received the site will be reserved for you.
- For multiple campsite reservations, check all campsites desired on the form and submit a check for $100 per campsite.