Page 4 of 6
Merit Badge Registration
Preparing for Registration
- Several meetings prior to March 17th, each Scout should be provided a copy of the 2014 Merit Badge and Program Schedule, the 2014 Merit Badge and Program Pre-Requisite List, and the Individual Scout Activity Schedule. Scouts should select a first, second and third choice of merit badge or program for each time slot.
- Scout leaders and parents should carefully review each Scout's selections to ensure they are registering for merit badges they can successfully complete.
- Review the requirements and pre-requisites then consider the mental and physical maturity required for each badge.
- At least one meeting prior to March 17th, the Summer Camp Coordinator should collect the Scout Activity Schedules and verify that each schedule is practical and the times are correct.
- Prior to the registration date, make sure all unit payments are up to date and the unit has a zero balance due. You cannot register for merit badges if your unit has an outstanding balance.
On March 17, 2014, merit badge registration opens in Doubleknot promptly at 9:00 am EDT.
- Please refer to the Doubleknot registration instructions for complete details of the process.
- Register each Scout for their chosen merit badges and programs.
- All sessions are first-come, first-served. Register early!!!
- Some merit badges and programs have additional fees. Those fees will be due with your final payment by May 19th.
- Some sessions will fill up more quickly than others. If a session is full, it will not be displayed on the registration screen.
- Class size limits are based on national standards, practicality, and safety standards. Class size limits will not be changed.
- If necessary, register a Scout for their second or third choice for a given time slot.
- Check back frequently. Openings do occur as units make changes to their Scout's schedules.